Junie's Place: Poem: First Signs of Spring

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Poem: First Signs of Spring

~
First Signs of Spring                                
I witnessed today
 the first signs of spring;
the billowy blossoms of the
 wild plum trees!
They seemingly mirrored,
 white clouds overhead.
…Except that these "Tree Clouds"
were covered with bees!



                
Bees working, in frenzy,
among the white puffs.
Seeking spring’s first nectar,
in this most welcomed fest!
I watched as this ritual,
 once more, did unfold.
They were in such a hurry,
never pausing to rest!


This first taste of spring,
as the bees drink it in,
brings enchantment to me.
Such a sight to behold!
Full circle, once more,
 the earth fresh and new.
  New life now awakens. 
 Spring, softly, unfolds.



June Kellum
2004

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:26 AM , Blogger Donna said...

Love it Junie! You need to write a book of your poems...!
hughugs

PS- in Case this comment makes it to you, the new word verifications is almost impossible to read and makes it terribly hard to leave comments...If you don't hear from me in the future much it's because I can't make out the words to type them in, even after repeated tries....This is my 3rd time...
hughugs

 
At 2:58 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

I agree with Donna, you need to make all your poems into a book! That tree and its blossoms is just gorgeous. I wish I could say Spring is here but if you visit my blog today you'll see we're still in the midst of winter over here! lol

The new word verification is awful, so hard to make out what the second word is all the time. I keep having to refresh it to try getting an easier to read one!! xoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home